Saturday, April 2, 2016

Why transform?


As I approach Salt Lake on my way home I ask myself a basic question: why transform?  

I've got plenty to do, I'm overall very happy and my career has the right amount of challenge and fun. Why transform when "here" looks pretty good?   Transformation can be stressful and require a tremendous amount of energy. Why would I want to subject myself to discomfort?

As I walk through the Salt Lake City airport awaiting my next flight it becomes apparent to me that transformation that is intentional or what I'm I call purposeful transformation puts me in the driver seat. Yes I can transform because my environment requires it, by pushing me to respond to some external influence. This type of transformation is out of necessity. We are all about the doing. Not about the design. we are asleep to the lessons of our personal growth.  

I don't know about you, but I would like to design my transformation. I would like to be in the driver seat of where I'm going. I would like to visualize what my transformation looks like and use my focus and attention towards gathering the energy and resources to get there. I would rather design my future versus settle for what shows up.











--
Dean Newlund
CEO / Mission Facilitators International, Inc / 623.444.2264 / www.missionfacilitators.com

No comments:

Post a Comment